Skin Rejuvenation

RejuvenationMany people do not realize the amount of environmental pollutants, toxins and radiation our skin is exposed to daily. These exposures damage skin by disrupting your DNA. The skin is naturally able to repair about 90% of this damage. However, the remaining 10% causes our skin to age, lose its luster and elasticity and look unattractive.

At New York Laser Aesthetics, we offer a multitude of laser skin rejuvenation treatments to reverse skin damage and aging. All of our treatments are performed by our experienced, trained, New York State certified, licensed and bonded staff members. Our discreet, relaxing and clean office is conveniently located in Great Neck, NY, close to the Long Island Expressway and the Northern State Parkway.

We are proud to use FDA-approved lasers, and the Zimmer Cooling System, a machine that blasts a continuous shot of cold air to counteract the heat from the laser upon the treated area, as to minimize any potential discomfort to the area targeted by the laser. Laser beams are quite safe and free of side effects due to their precision and accuracy. They bypass surrounding skin tissue, rendering it completely unharmed.

Laser skin rejuvenation is an umbrella term that covers a bunch of different procedures, such as fading pigmentation, clarifying the skin layer and also enhancing production of collagen. Fading pigmentation is conducted by laser; it is used to remove age/liver/sunspots/freckles and café-au-lait stains, as well as remove unwanted tattoos.

Non-invasive cosmetic skin treatments such as face sculpting and mesotherapy are both used to make the skin look younger. They are intended fill out fine lines, wrinkles, creases, reducing loose and saggy skin. Biologique Recherche is a method developed in France wherein micro-currents are circulated over the skin through special wands. The currents penetrate the skin layer and encourage collagen and protein production in the skin. Mesotherapy in particular involves micro-injectables of all-natural ingredients, mimicking the results of Botox, Restylane etc. but with a more natural look.

Collagen fibers in the skin lose their elasticity with age and thus cause loosening of the skin. The laser beam is able to reduce wrinkles and tighten skin by encouraging collagen production. After this treatment, there is mild pinkness retained by the face for a day or two, which gradually settles down. If you are coming to New York Laser Aesthetics for laser skin rejuvenation, it is best to keep a margin of several days from an event in order to account for the temporary redness.

Laser therapy is used to target pigmentation such as moles, sun, liver and age spots, freckles, café-au-lait spots. It is also effective at removing spider veins, capillaries, tattoos, and smoothing fine lines. Another excellent use for our laser is treating acne problems and scars caused by acne. The laser breaks down pigmentation in the targeted area and it is eventually drain out of your body via the excretory system. Laser skin rejuvenation is preferable to injectables such as collagen and Botox because it can be used on smaller areas (face and neck), it is less costly, it has no side effects, there are no needles involved, and there is no downtime associated with recovery.

Laser skin rejuvenation is a gradual process requiring a series of treatments. Generally we begin with 6 treatments (one every two weeks), followed by twelve monthly treatments. Collagen build up takes a little time so the results improve the more treatments a client has. There is occasional but temporary bruising and redness after every treatment. We recommend repeated treatments in order to attain and maintain the desired “look” and freshness.
The staff at New York Laser Aesthetics encourages prospective clients interested in laser skin rejuvenation to contact us for a personalized consultation. We will take into account your goals, needs and factors affecting the treatment outcomes. We will work to create a custom-plan for you!